Sigma
March 28, 2024, 03:27:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Sigma is now available for download.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Sigma goes Public [7 - 11 - 10]

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sigma goes Public [7 - 11 - 10]  (Read 252 times)
The Undying Nephalim
Administrator

View Profile
« on: July 11, 2010, 04:20:04 am »

After over a year of development, I am happy to announce the first version of Sigma available to the public. After several months of beta testing with members of FO, I feel that the game is currently in a form playable to most gamers. If you love sci-fi and real time strategy, I highly suggest taking a look into this. Since this is a demo, there's still much more content to be added (such as three more playable sides and more voiceovers). There's a lot in this demo, but still plenty more to come!

Where can I download?
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FZ608EOP

What's included in this version?
- Two playable factions (The V.R.A. and Zevestivan)
- Multiplayer supported through GameSpy, Tunngle, and Hamachi services
- Ten maps for both single and multiplayer matches
- Over two hours of soundtrack composed by Monarchy One
- A strategy guide with pictures to help those unfamiliar with RTS games

KNOWN GLITCHES:

- When playing on higher resolution settings, the intro movie will appear on the top left corner of the screen rather then centered.

- If using Windows Vista or Windows 7, when you first start Instant Action mode the game will be set to a nonexistant map. Simply select a map from the list to bypass this.

- When playing on Windows Vista or Windows 7, occasionally the game will crash when choosing RANDOM as your faction.

- Occasionally NPC stations and Destructable Asteroids will appear to have Ekoset Shield Generators despite the fact that they do not.

- The map Eurokan Prime occasionally crashes and/or causes massive lag spikes in multiplayer.

- Fighter craft sometimes fail to launch from the V.R.A's HQ Hangar. Ordering the Hangar to guard the HQ usually causes them to launch.

- The A.I. is still unstable. Occasionally on lower difficulty settings the A.I. will fail to build much resistance.

- Pathing and collision detection is still unstable. Occasionally ships will pass through corners of stations.

- Placing Fleet Operation specific objects in the Map Editor can cause crashes.

- When playing a multiplayer LAN game through Tunngle or Hamachi, occasionally the game will freeze for up to five minutes when trying to connect to the lobby. This usually only happens the first time you log onto a LAN game.

- Sometimes when exiting the game it will crash before returning to the desktop.

Credits:

Project Director
The Undying Nephalim

3D modeling

CanadianBorg
The Undying Nephalim

Textures
The Undying Nephalim

Music Composed by:
Monarchy One

Beta Testing
TimeMech
Dominus Noctis
Mal

Voice Overs
Erin Grimsley
Duke Robear
Laura Blizzard
Unleash Mayhem
Bryan Stein
Tai Gochnour
Chasen Lindsey

FO Team
DOCa Cola
Optec
Detektor
Remoter
Overlord/Zeich

(If I forgot to credit you for some reason, please contact me asap so I can add in your name)

Sigma © 2001-2010 The Undying Nephalim. All rights reserved.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: